Written-By – Al Nevins, Buck Ram, Morty Nevins
|2||Only You (And You Alone)|
Written-By – Ande Rand, Buck Ram
|3||Smoke Gets In Your Eyes|
Written-By – Jerome Kern, Otto Harbach
Written-By – Buck Ram, Peter Tinturin, William White
|5||The Great Pretender|
Written-By – Buck Ram
Written-By – Buck Ram
|7||On My Word Of Honor|
Written-By – Jean Miles, Katherine Harrison
Written-By – Georges Boulanger, Jimmy Kennedy
|9||(You've Got) The Magic Touch|
Written-By – Buck Ram
Written-By – Hugh Williams , Jimmy Kennedy
|11||If I Didn't Care|
Written-By – Jack Lawrence
|12||You'll Never Never Know|
Written-By – Jean Miles, Paul Robi, Tony Williams
|P2 10317||The Platters||The Very Best Of The Platters (CD, Comp)||Mercury||P2 10317||US||1991|
|P2 10317||The Platters||The Very Best Of The Platters (CD, Comp, Club)||Mercury||P2 10317||US||1991|
|314 510 317-4, P4 10317||The Platters||The Very Best Of The Platters (Cass, Comp, Club)||Mercury, Mercury||314 510 317-4, P4 10317||US||1991|
|510 317-2||The Platters||The Very Best Of The Platters (CD, Comp, RE)||Mercury||510 317-2||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|314 510 317-2||The Platters||The Very Best Of The Platters (CD, Comp)||Mercury||314 510 317-2||Canada||1991|
- Compiled By – Harry Weinger
- Executive-Producer – Bill Levenson
- Mastered By [Digitally Mastered] – Joseph M. Palmaccio
- Performer – David Lynch , Herbert Reed, Paul Robi, Tony Williams , Zola Taylor
This compilation ℗© 1991 PolyGram Records, Inc.
The original Platters - Tony Williams, Herbert Reed, Paul Robi, David Lynch and Zola Taylor - were an unprecedented success in the early days of rock & roll, racking up 11 Top 20 hits (including four No. 1's) in just five years. Inspired by classic harmony groups like the Mills Brothers and the Ink Spots, they grew from humble beginnings in Los Angeles to becoming a household name. In 1990, 35 years after their first chart hit, the beloved Platters were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
All of their biggest hits are: a dozen classic platters from the one and only Platters.
· Track 1, Panther Music Corp. (ASCAP)
· Track 2, Colgems EMI, Inc. (ASCAP)
· Track 3, A.M.C. Inc. / All Nations Music (ASCAP)
· Track 4, Argo Music Inc. / Music of the World / Up The Block Music (BMI)
· Track 5, Devon Music, Inc. / Duchess Music (BMI)
· Track 6, Argo Music Inc. / Music of the World (BMI)
· Track 7, Hollis Music, Inc. (BMI)
· Track 8, Screen Gems EMI (BMI)
· Track 9, PolyGram International (ASCAP)
· Track 10, MPL Communications (ASCAP)
· Track 11, PolyGram International (ASCAP)
· Track 12, Chappell & Co., Inc. / Colgems EMI, Inc. (ASCAP)
Mono Tracks: 1 to 4 & 6 to 8
Stereo Tracks: 5 & 9 to 12
Total Running Time: 33 mins, 34 secs
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
- Distributed By – PolyGram Distribution
- Manufactured For – Polygram Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Published By – A.M.C. Inc.
- Published By – All Nations Music
- Published By – Argo Music
- Published By – Chappell & Co., Inc.
- Published By – Colgems-EMI Music Inc.
- Published By – Devon Music Inc.
- Published By – Duchess Music
- Published By – Hollis Music, Inc.
- Published By – MPL Communications
- Published By – Music Of The World
- Published By – Panther Music Corp.
- Published By – Polygram International
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI
- Published By – Up The Block Music
- Mastered At – PolyGram Studios
The Platters. British Hit Parade 1959-62. The Platters were instrumental in putting black vocal groups on the pop map, charting with a dozen gold singles including the acknowledged classics Only You and The Great Pretender, and their cover of Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, originally recorded by Paul Whiteman in 1933, has become the definitive version of this beautiful song. This 20-track collection has all three of these hits, and includes most of the group's other essential sides, making it a nice introduction to this important group. Album 1991 12 Songs. Vocal 1991. The Great Pretender Single Version. The Very Best of the Platters. 2012 Original Album Plus Bonus Tracks. American Boogie. The Platters formed in Los Angeles, CA, USA in 1953 and were initially managed by Ralph Bass. They had a contract with Federal Records but experienced little record success until they met music e read more. The Platters were a successful black vocal group of the early rock n roll era. Their distinctive sound was a bridge between the pre-rock n roll Tin Pan Alley tradition of the Ink Spots and read more. Their distinctive sound was a bridge between the pre-rock n roll Tin Pan Alley tradition of the Ink Spots and t. Ищете треки из альбома The Best Of The Platters исполнителя David Carroll Тогда заходите на наш сайт - слушайте музыку онлайн и скачивайте бесплатно. Twilight Time The Platters. Only You The Platters. Unchained Melody The Platters. The Great Pretender The Platters. Sixteen Tons The Platters. To Each His Own The Platters. The Platters epitomise the twilight world that existed between the jazz and swing years of post-war America and the birth of the beast we all know as rock 'n' roll. They inherited the easy listening mantle of the Ink Spots covering several of their hits in the process while combining it with the street corner barbershop r 'n' b that came to be known as doo wop. He got the two bands signed to Mercury. The Penguins floundered, but for the Platters it was the start of the golden era. It was Ram's song, Only You And You Alone which was to be the key to unlocking chart glory. The quintet had recorded it for Federal, but had it rejected. Now on Mercury it defined their distinctive style. Completa la tua Collezione su The Best Of The Platters: The 20th Century Masters Millennium Collection by The Platters Audio CD . Only 16 left in stock - order soon. Brought this cd for mom as she has got the start of demention I know she liked the platters when she was younger she absolutely loves it. Read more. The Platters were one of the most successful vocal groups of the early rock and roll era. Their distinctive sound was a bridge between the pre-rock Tin Pan Alley tradition and the burgeoning new genre. The act went through several personnel changes, with the most successful incarnation comprising l more . Use the citation below to add this album to your bibliography: Style:MLA Chicago APA. The Very Best of the Platters Album. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. 5 Jul 2020. Powered by . Missing lyrics by The Platters